Last Week of Special: $30
Register before Friday, May 8
$35 after that
This two-hour workshop — taught for the first time ever in New England — is highly popular set of movements for the hips and shoulders — the two core areas that almost everyone can improve!
Whether it's injury, repetitive strain, aging, sports damage, stress, sedentary lifestyles, or a career in movement or dance — our hips and shoulders are often the places we all feel the greatest losses and limitations as we live our lives.
Almost everyone can enjoy hips and shoulders closer to the limitless freedom and fluidity young children do — even people who think they have irreversible problems. Featuring the crowd favorite known as "Scapula Scoops", this class will teach all people and body types the fundamentals to achieving real ease and the grace of an athlete. It will also provide people with painful shoulder, hip, and back conditions the tools they need to heal and improve.
Because of the critical role shoulders play in wrist and arm conditions, this class is also very important for sufferers of conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, forearm pain, and more. The same is also true for the relationship between hip function and problems of the knees, ankles, and feet.
These exercises apply to...
- chronic pain sufferers,
- shoulder pain and injury sufferers,
- hip problem sufferers,
- sports injury sufferers,
- dancers and dance teachers,
- movement and fitness professional including pilates instructors,
- anyone who's ever needed to throw a ball or run,
- gym goers and weight lifters,
- physical therapists,
- athletes looking to avoid or reverse performance and flexibility losses
- personal trainers,
- yoga teachers,
- desk workers with work-related injuries including carpal tunnel syndrome.
One of the fun things about this workshop is that we start with the Somatic essentials, the basic starting points for all flexible, healthy movement — and quickly launch into a whole other way of using Somatics to help these advanced areas we all need help with the most — for walking, running, driving, writing, typing, dancing, or even just reaching into the pantry or closet.
This class is meant for all audiences...
- Attendees who've never taken a Somatics exercise class will get easily oriented and introduced to simple core exercises that unlock the door to easy Somatics movement quickly and painlessly.
- For those who have experience with Somatic exercises, this workshops offers a program of exercises that go deeper and offer some exciting new insights into some of the most important and challenging joints of our bodies.
Note that there will be a special focus in this workshop on clarifying Somatics even for beginners and other laypeople — so that Somatic education and exercises will have more personal relevance and a more practical, "action oriented" approach for attendees. This will help every body more clearly and directly improve and maintain the benefits of Somatics. We will allow some time at the end of the workshop for personal assistance and questions, so you may wish to allow up to an additional half-hour after the scheduled class time to take advantage of this free bonus.