"I believe that wisdom is not discovered by knowing the truth but by living it. Unless it is lived it is humanly worthless."
Thomas Hanna, creator of Somatics, was a philosopher who understood that if he could not find ways to implement his ideas in the world, that they were not valid. Similarly, we always strive to “walk our talk”. Within all employee interactions, customer service, academic enhancement, and larger business matters, Somatic Systems aims to embody its principles of constant self improvement and self regulation through honest and diligent self-inspection.
We model all of our interactions on the principles that are the foundation of our work, and we ask of ourselves exactly what we ask of our clients and students.
Some examples of how we model our company behavior on our clinical, philosophical, and academic principles:
- We invite challenging situations, as these are the places where we learn and grow.
- As much as possible we remove our own egos from situations: we look for the answer that benefits our clients, customers, students, and our larger goals and mission.
- Our Clinical work and Training Program are completely client and student centered. If we want to help make lasting change in our clients and students, we must give them what they need, not what we need! This involves speaking in terms and with cultural or individual perspective that is fitting for that client, using educational and clinical techniques that are truly created for the needs of that individual person at that time.
- We always aim to honestly and carefully assess where we are and how we take the next step towards growth.
- We avoid shortcuts, knowing that sustainable growth is built on ensuring that every screw is tight. We undertake great care in building a solid infrastructure that will allow our future to emerge smoothly.
- We are committed to the fact that life has a forward direction of growth and evolution and that learning is the means by which we align ourselves with and create this forward motion. Our business, clinical, academic and other matters are opportunities to learn, educate, improve, and evolve.