Clear, concise information on musculoskeletal anatomy for both review reference and for the beginning student. Separate illustrations and descriptions of individual skeletal muscles, bones and nerves. An essential tool for students and professionals. This book has been an indispensable learning and reference tool for massage therapists, bodyworkers, and Somatics practitioners for over 30 years.
Illustrated Essentials of Musculoskeletal Anatomy…
Because sometimes simpler is better!
The Illustrated Essentials of Musculoskeletal Anatomy Manual bridges the gap between laboratory and classroom studies of gross anatomy and actual clinical applications by identifying palpation sites of muscles as well as boney landmarks on the body surface. Authored by Kay W. Sieg and Sandra P. Adams, former anatomy instructors at the University of Florida, this popular text has been useful to students of anatomy since 1977.
- Origin, insertion, action, innervation and palpation are detailed for each muscle.
- Each muscle is presented individually, showing its location on the skeleton and direction of its fibers.
- Muscle groups that perform major joint movements are identified and illustrated.
- Bones are illustrated and important landmarks are identified.
- Brachial plexus and lumbosacral plexus are clearly depicted.
- Peripheral nerves are diagrammed individually including both motor and cutaneous distributions.
- Muscle descriptions include simple, useful memory tips for the student or other interesting facts.
- This 156 page text gives complete coverage of skeletal muscles, including intrinsic muscles of the hand and foot, muscles of mastication and deglutition and extraocular muscles.
- Content is presented in a general cephalocaudal, superficial-to-deep sequence of presentation.
In addition to being a great complement to more complex anatomy reference books for clarifying simplicity in learning and review, as well as rapid reference in clinical settings, Illustrated Essentials of Musculoskeletal Anatomy also offers a perfect companion tool, the Illustrated Essentials of Musculoskeletal Anatomy Study Cards set.