Anatomy Trains presents a unique "whole systems" view of myofascial/locomotor anatomy in which the body-wide connections among the muscles within the fascial net are described in detail for the first time. Using the metaphor of railway or train lines, Myers explains how patterns of strain communicate through the myofascial "webbing", contributing to postural compensation and movement stability. Written in a style that makes it easy to understand and remember, Anatomy Trains provides an accessible and comprehensive explanation of the anatomy and function of the myofascial system in the body.
The second edition includes numerous updates including important new findings in recent fascial research, photos of the Anatomy Trains myofascial meridians dissected, new appendices on Structural Integration protocols based on the Anatomy Trains concept, and a comparison of the myofascial meridians with the meridians of acupuncture. The entire book is now in full color, including all new artwork from the prominent British anatomical artists Philip Wilson and Deborah Maizels, whose previous work was featured in the latest edition of Gray’s Anatomy. The new edition also benefits from new web links and includes an interactive DVD with animations of the Anatomy Trains lines, fascial release techniques, and dissection videos.
Includes full-color illustrations of 11 myofascial meridians and the rules for discovering other meridians
- uses numerous full colour charts and drawings to detail the muscular and fascial structures involved in the meridians
- presents information on assessment of structural and movement patterns and gives related application to manual therapy and movement education
- provides a selection of techniques from the library of structural integration
- includes an introduction to the fascial system as a whole, with points-of-view and the latest research findings on the fascial system's responses
- offers a fun approach to learning essential structural anatomy, comparing the connective tissue system to a railway network
- video material on the accompanying DVD ROM to visually present the anatomy as described in the book.
Full color throughout
- New design and layout
- 140 New full colour figures including dissection photographs and client photos
- DVD ROM in back of book
- A new appendices on "Structural integration" and "Myofascial meridians and oriental medicine"
- New posters to be published simultaneously.