This is a short, highly illustrated textbook of neuroanatomy that makes clear the relevance of the anatomy to clinical neurology. It avoids overburdening the reader with topographical detail that is unnecessary for the medical student. Minimum assumptions are made of existing knowledge of the subject.
- “Key point” boxes for reinforcement and quick revision.
- Glossary of important terms..
- First chapter expanded to give an overview of entire subject including the fundamentals of clinical diagnosis of neurological disease.
- A new chapter on problem solving based on clinical cases has been added..
- Improved artwork..
- Introduction and overview
- Cells of the nervous system
- Peripheral nervous system
- Autonomic nervous system
- Coverings of the central nervous system
- Ventricular system and cerebrospinal fluid
- Blood supply of the central nervous system
- Spinal cord
- Brain stem
- Cranial nerves and cranial nerve nuclei
- Cerebral hemisphere and cerebral cortex
- Corpus striatum
- Visual system
- Hypothalamus, limbic system and olfactory system
- Problem solving