Somatic Systems is proud to be the exclusive source for tables designed specifically for Clinical Somatic Educational sessions. The Clinical Somatics Portable Table gives you all the necessary elements to perform somatics sessions in maximum comfort for the practitioner and optimal comfort and experience for the client.
These tables are the result of 2 decades of study and fine-tuning to create the ultimate somatics tool. You won't find a better, lighter table that is weight tested at 1,600 lbs. with a working weight of 600 lbs. distributed and 250 lbs. at the ends. Starting weight of these beautifully hand crafted tables is 25 lbs., allowing for easy transport.
- Customized foam configuration specially designed for the unique needs of Clinical Somatics sessions and exercises, providing a perfect combination of firmness for feedback to the client's nervous system and comfort for virtually every client that is unparalleled in any other table.
- Tightly padded edges for both comfort and easy maneuverability of practitioner and client.
- 4mm Baltic Birch plywood top and proprietary structural support brace system for optimal surface rigidity and firmness for somatics.
- Special table legs provide the ideal preferred table height for Clinical Somatic work (adjustable height of 15" to 21").
- Vinyl choices include beautiful, supple Ultra-Leather upholstery for maximal client feel, environmental sensitivity, and aesthetics, and the comfortable and durable Chamea Upholstery option available for additional color choices, client feel, and cost-savings.
- Welded Aircraft Aluminum tubing.
- Six full inches of knee room at the table ends.
- Soft, comfortable handle.
- Fast and effortless five-second set up and take down.
- Permanently connected cables, no hook up necessary.
- Nylon busings between all moving parts promotes quiet performance.
- Quick and easy Push Button telescoping height adjustment in 1" increments.
- Working weight 600 lbs. distributed / 250 lbs. on ends.
- Weight tested at 1,600lbs.
- 5 Year Warranty against defective materials or workmanship.*
This product and all of its accessories are proudly made in the USA.
About Table Covering Options
You click on the product image on this page and you can browse through the stock vinyl colors available for these tables. (Colors may vary due to differences in monitor settings.) We also have an tremendous variety of custom colors available at additional cost. There are two different covering types available (both made of vinyl):
This is the default vinyl covering for your table. Levante vinyl is manufactured in the USA, and is top quality. It has Advanced Beauty Guard® protective top coat finish which is produced from environmentally friendly materials and processes and is technically formulated to achieve the highest performance standards. Levante cleans up easily and is very durable. The 8 colors shown here are “stock colors” and are available at no cost.
When it comes to capturing the sumptuous aesthetics of fine leather, no material comes closer than Ultra-Leather®. This incredible sumptuous polyurethane material is rayon backed, lightweight and durable. Choosing Ultra-Leather will make your table 1 lb. lighter — because the material is so strong and flexible, it's actually thinner (and provides a more supple and comfortable surface for you client, while simultaneously being stronger and more durable). It cleans up easily and rates impeccably at being tear, scratch, fade and stain resistant. Available in ten colors shown here or custom/non-stock colors at an additional cost. Color samples available upon request; email us with your request.
Utlra-Leather: So like leather, only better:
- When ease of care counts: Spot cleaning and daily care virtually are worry-free. Every day stains, including red wine, coffee and tomato sauce, lift easily with soap and water. For tougher stains, use a mild cleaning fluid followed by a water rinse.
- A new era in faux leather luxury: Ultra-Leather offers a new level of luxury when it comes to duplicating the look, feel ad overall aesthetics of fine European calfskin, Ultra-Leather is unrivaled.
- In sync with environmental concerns: It contains none of the volatile plasticizers and stabilizers found in vinyl-based products. Polyurethane-based product employs a back layer of rayon- a degradable wood by-product. Ultra-Leather is created by an environmentally safe process in which solvents are recaptured and subsequently recycled. Also, no animals are harmed in production of this material like real leather.
- Block hygiene headaches beautifully: Waterproof and stain resistant, Ultra-Leather protects foam padding from blood, urine, sweat, medical products, drinks and other contaminants. It also demonstrates some inherent antimicrobial properties and stands up to routine disinfections with a 5:1 bleach solution- with no loss of beauty or durability.
Custom Table Sizes
You may want the benefits of a Somatics table top, but with different leg heights or table widths, to accomodate different working methods, room sizes, etc. We can make your table to a wide variety and combination of custom specifications.
You may also wish to add some conventional massage table fittings and accessories or other features, so you can use the table for additional purposes. For example, Somatics does not use a face cradle, but you may wish to specify the inclusion of face cradle holes (and optionally purchase a face cradle), so you can use the table for other types of bodywork.
We have been using and selling these table as long as we've been in practice, and can provide you with any assistance or advice you need. Our table experts are available to help you with every step of determining what you need. Click here to contact us.
The sizes and combinations you choose will determine the base price for your table; and then you may add whatever accessories you like. Leg heights do not affect the base table price.
* This warranty does not include damage caused by accident, misuse or neglect. Prices subject to change without notice.